Our client, a UK based health tech business are looking for a Software Development Manager to join the team.
Line managing and overseeing our team of Software Developers, this role will ensure our software developers are able to work efficiently and effectively. You will ensure appropriate workloads and content are allocated across the team, and work to make knowledge effectively shared and communicated both within the team and across the business.
You will work with each developer to ensure continued personal development and progression, identifying training and education opportunities.
You will also support other senior members of the developer and wider technical team to help direct and shape the team, and ensure changes are well communicated and managed for your developers.
- A good degree in a recognised subject
- At least 5 years of experience working in the software development industry
- At least 5 years of experience leading technical teams and line management
- Familiarity with modern web programming concepts and technologies (ASP.NET, C# and Angular a bonus)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (Azure a bonus)
- Experience of involvement in recruiting; writing job descriptions, short-listing and interviewing
- Demonstratable experience of delivering technical work within time and budget constraints
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle, particularly the full release process and associated risks and challenges
- Experience of agile and waterfall methodologies, and the use of scrum and Kanban
- Proven experience of conflict resolution and negotiation
- Previous experience leading a team of software developers
- Some technical proficiency with C#/Angular/ASP.NET/Git
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools; JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket and Bamboo
- Understanding of DevOps and the associated benefits
- Understanding of clinical trials, GCP and GxP
- Exposure to software testing and requirements analysis
- Listening and empathy
- Professional and committed to delivery
- Technical knowledge and experience
- Collaboration and team working
- Solution oriented
- Passion for technology and innovation