Working within the ML engineering team, tackling challenging problems across the business and working with experts within ML Engineering and Data Science. The team provides ML Engineering expertise using a consultancy style model. You will have the opportunity to play a key role working on a multitude of problems, driving our ML capabilities and products to the next level.
The team’s objectives are to facilitate the application of Data Science throughout the business.
This is achieved through:
- Working with Data Science and Engineering teams to deliver and maintain real-world production-ready ML models
- Building and maintaining common libraries and frameworks, relied upon by engineers and data scientists
- Being at the bleeding edge of ML technologies and understanding how we can apply them across the business
- Centre of Excellence - leveraging our expertise and experience of pitfalls, best-practices etc to raise standards across the company
You will be accountable and responsible for:
- Reliability: Experience of running and maintaining ML models and processes in a production style environment
- Scalability: Understand the importance of scalability and how model training and inference works at scale
- Delivery: Consistently able to deliver and contribute to the team’s objectives, and facilitate the other teams we work with
- Collaboration: Able to work closely with other teams and individuals to provide influence, guidance and expertise
- Communication: Ability to clearly communicate technical information to others.
- Team culture and standards: Fostering a strong team. Defining team operating standards and ensuring essential procedures are followed. Using best practices to improve services and processes
Your Profile & Experience
- Has experience of delivery of ML/Data driven software in an agile product development team, including setting objectives, tracking progress, and course-correcting to ensure objectives are met.
- Passion and positivity about ‘being better’ with the ability to create an appetite for continuous improvement across the organisation.
- Evidence of collaborating and influencing effectively across teams in a broad organisation.
- Strong software engineering skills especially with expertise in data and machine learning.
- A solid understanding of the principle components of a machine learning system, technologies, tools and common techniques used
- A highly collaborative, visible and inclusive approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication